Friday, May 27, 2011

The Yardbirds continued...

Finally! Out with the bad weather and in with the good! Unfortunately, work has been hectic resulting in less time for shooting. I did manage to get these just before and after the weather broke though. Hope you enjoy!

A continuation of the last post with another photo of Mourning Doves. This time, I finally had some better light. Combine this with the low ISO setting and I got a nice sharp and colorful image.
Unable to identify this one. My best attempt at classification would be some breed of house sparrow as they are frequent visitors to my yard. If anyone knows for sure, please comment or email me as I would like to know exactly what kind of bird it is.

Sun was in and out when this shot was taken. This Common Grackle looks a little fatter than normal. This is a result of its courtship ritual. It consists of puffing out its feathers and making quick herky jerky movements with its head.


I was surprised to get this close (about 15 feet away, zoomed to 250mm). Common visitors to my lawn, this North American Robin was feeding on the new seed and worms. Quite disappointed about the position of the walkway lamp. The location of the bird and the position of the lamp make it difficult to crop effectively (in my opinion that is) as I am not a very good photo editor.


First post in over a week, I know. My consistency will improve for sure. Please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment